The Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak is affecting everyone in our community, and we want you to know that we are here for you. To help care for the community in this time of need, our office is open and taking appointments. We are also scheduling eye surgeries.
We want to reassure you that we are closely following national and local guidelines and are taking extra precautions to keep our office as safe as possible. Please be patient with us as your visit to our office will be a little different!
- You will be pre-screened for symptoms when calling to confirm your appointment.
- If you are not feeling well, please stay home.
- Please wear a mask for your visit (and we will wear ours, too!)
- When you arrive, you will have your temperature taken with a non-contact thermometer.
- All doctor schedules have been made lighter so that fewer patients are in the office.
- We wash our hands frequently, but are doing extra hand washing and wearing disposable gloves for all patients.
- Special barriers will be used at the slit lamp (eye microscope) to keep everyone safe.
- The waiting room has been reconfigured to maintain a 6-foot distance between all visitors.
- Accompanying visitors will be limited to 1 per patient.
- All rooms are cleaned with medical-grade disinfectant wipes between patients.
- Magazines and other hard-to-clean materials have been removed from common spaces.
We understand that some of our patients may not be comfortable coming to the doctor’s office for care at this time. We understand. We are still offering telemedicine appointments and encourage you to meet with us virtually.
If you have any questions about your own personal circumstances or how we plan to protect you during your appointment, please just give us a call!
We promise to do everything we can to keep our Eye Center family and patients healthy and safe! Together we will emerge from this challenge stronger than ever.
Please call our office to schedule an appointment and receive instructions prior to your arrival.
Thank you in advance! Stay safe and healthy!
All the best,
Fuerst Eye Center